When it comes to enjoying the wonderful world of cannabis edibles, experimentation with ease is our motto. We believe in offering products that not only please our palettes, but also deliver a dosage that safely suits our consumer. We also know that unless you’ve worked closely with a canna-savvy doc in the past, getting the right edible dosage can be an elusive exploration, one that requires a certain amount of controlled trial and error. And because our tolerances are as unique as fingerprints, sometimes even our most trusted confidant’s recommendation can be useless.
Perhaps you’ve taken a spin around the edible block once or twice in the past - like, way back before Michelin chefs came on the cannabis scene, and you were left with a bad brownie taste in your mouth.
We get it, knowing your way around some of these infusions can take a roadmap, so we’ve compiled a list of 7 tips we think will clear the path to put the ‘do’ in ‘dosage.’
Start off slowly! Most cannabis edibles online contain 10 mg of cannabis, but starting with 1-5 mg is a smart way to gauge your tolerance and optimize your experience. If you’re eating one of our 10 mg Quinoa Granola Bites, try cutting it into half or even fourths and start there. Beware, they are yummy enough to polish off in a single sitting!
- Set a timer! Edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to work their magic. So, be sure to wait for 2 hours before you start to wonder if they are working and up your dosage.
- Patience is key! If you’ve been consuming cannabis in all its varied forms, you’ve probably built up a bit of a tolerance. That being said, it’s still important to keep in mind that our metabolism plays a major part in processing cannabis, so take your time in discovering the right high for you - we’re certain it exists.
Sample for sport! These days we are no longer limited to basic baked goods for our relief and enjoyment. There are some seriously talented culinary heavyweights contributing to the many upgrades made to the edible scene. Fromcannabis coffee blends that conjure a perfect buzz and dissolving mints that ease you into a mellow high, to super pain-relieving chocolates and gummies - weed has deliciously made its way into most of our favorite treats.
- Know what you want! This is an excellent time in the canna-scape to allow your cravings to be your guide, or let purpose lead the way. Pain relief and sleep-aids require a higher dosage, while anti-anxiety and relaxation tend to be a little lighter. Our Nibbles collection features a selection of goods that deliver not only on flavor, but feeling. FYI - if you haven’t tried our 3 Leaf Cannabis Infused Granola Coconut Cookies, it’s time! Packing a delightful high, these mouthwatering cookies are perfect for a mellow evening with friends or your couch, whichever you fancy.
- Create space for your experience! While hitting your favorite vape offers an instant high, eating cannabis-infused goodies take their time to show up to the party, but once arrived, they’re usually the last guest to leave. Because of the way edibles interact with your metabolism the body high lasts longer, so be sure to carve out some time to relax and enjoy.
- Stay hydrated! Keep your water bottle handy, H2O is always the perfect pair to your edible high.
And don’t forget, you can’t overdose from eating edibles. That being said, if you take what your body deems a bit too much, you may feel temporarily overwhelmed with the effects. So, if you get a little carried away, here are some helpful ways to ride out a particularly intense high:
- Get grounded. Breathe and remember this will pass.
- CBDs are your friend. Keep CBD-rich products on hand, they ease anxiety and can help you relax.
- Water works. Be sure to drink lots of water.
- Get comfortable. Lay down if you are feeling dizzy.
- Take a nap. Sleep is a great way to pass the time.
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking can heighten the sensations you may be trying to quell.
- Text or call a friend. You don’t have to brave it alone!
Now that you’re all set to discover that perfect cannabis edibles product for you, allow us to deliver it to your door.